What am I learning?
After following the Scrum Master training you:
- have a clear vision on the Agile Scrum way of organising and working.
- understand why and how Scrum works for all kinds of projects.
- know how to act as a Scrum Master with servant leadership for your team.
- can organize and set up meetings according to Scrum.
- are able to define the roles and responsibilities within a Scrum project and determine the interpretation of those roles in your Scrum team.
- are international certified as a Scrum Master.
For whom is this Scrum master training?
You want to develop into a servant leader who advises, facilitates and coaches Scrum Teams. In addition, you would like to learn why Agile working leads to better results faster. If your company switches to Agile working according to Scrum, you can implement it.
What can I expect?
- an inspiring two-day Scrum Master training with a lot of practical practice (~50%) in addition to theory (~50%)
- a group of no more than 8 participants
- an enthusiastic Agile Scrum trainer with lots of practical experience
- knowledge & experience with tools for collaboration in online teams
- the Scrum Body of Knowledge and the Scrum Master workbook
- access to a personal e-learning, online learning environment with apps for your phone and tablet
- including exam -to be taken after the training- to certify you internationally as a Scrum Master
How do I follow the Scrum Master training?
Depending on your knowledge and practical experience, we have the following three options for you to train and certify yourself: the hybrid training, the online training and the e-learning.
If you have little or no knowledge or experience of Scrum, our hybrid training is complete.
- you will receive the teaching material at home a few days before the training
- on the first and second half day of classes (both from 09:00-13:00) you can log in to our Virtual Classroom via your laptop. Because there are a maximum of 7 other participants, the interaction is guaranteed, just like in a real Scrum team
- You will physically attend the practical workshop day (from 09:30 to 16:30) together with the other participants as a Scrum team at our location in Haarlem. During this workshop day you will practice in practice and you will experience how Scrum theory comes to life in practice and what it is like to be a Scrum Master in practice.
- you will receive a personal online e-learning for your laptop and tablet. Here you can further master the material on the basis of video material and quizzes and, if you wish, also plan and take all your exams
If you already have a lot of practical experience as a Scrum Master, but you like to learn or refresh the theory interactively with others, then the Online training is your best choice. You then follow the program as above, but you do not participate in the practical workshop day.
And what if I already have both knowledge and practical experience as a Scrum Master?
If you already have knowledge and practical experience as a Scrum Master and you want to get your certificate as soon as possible, then our e-learning Scrum Master is probably made for you.
Where do I follow the Scrum Master training?
When you register for the Hybrid training
- you follow the theoretical part of the training via our Virtual Class on Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 09:00 to 13:00
- you follow the practical workshop day from 09:30 to 17:00 at our location in Haarlem on Nieuwe Gracht 3: a short walk from the NS central station and with good parking.
When you register for an Online training
- follow the training via our Virtual Class on Wednesday and Thursday from 09:00 to 13:00.
And of course you can also follow the training in-company on request
How do I certify myself as a Scrum Master?
With the Scrum Master exam you certify yourself as a Certified Scrum Master. At the end of the first training day you will have access to a personalized e-learning environment. In here you will find a lot of video material so that you may revisit parts of the theory. And in here you may also take the exam to certify yourself as a Scrum Master. Read more
Which Scrum certificate do I receive?
The choice is yours. The two most important internationally recognized Scrum Master certificates in our opinion are: Scrum Master Certified abbreviated as ‘SMC’ and Professional Scrum Master abbreviated as ‘PSM’.
Of these, SMC is the most generic, not specifically IT-oriented, certificate. PSM from scrum.org is, partly due to its history, more IT-oriented. The Scrum theory required to obtain each of the certificates is of course the same. In general, PSM’s exam questions are slightly more IT-oriented. Read more
What does the Scrum Master training cost?
For this two-day training you pay € 1075 (ex VAT) and yes, that’s correct, this one is including:
- Scrum Master Certified exam and certificate (to be taken after training)
- Start guarantee
- All learning materials
- Personal e-learning environment including apps for your phone or tablet
- Exam guidance
For this training our Not-Good-Money-Back-Guarantee applies.
NB. If you register for the Online version of this training, i.e. without the practical workshop, you will pay €80 (ex VAT) less.
06.07.22 – 07.07.22
13.07.22 – 14.07.22
10.08.22 – 11.08.22
07.09.22 – 08.09.22
21.09.22 – 22.09.22
05.10.22 – 06.10.22
19.10.22 – 20.10.22
02.11.22 – 03.11.22
16.11.22 – 17.11.22
30.11.22 – 01.12.22
14.12.22 – 15.12.22