What am I learning?
After following the Scrum Master training you:
- have a clear vision on the Agile Scrum way of organising and working.
- understand why and how Scrum works for all kinds of projects.
- know how to act as a Scrum Master with servant leadership for your team.
- can organize and set up meetings according to Scrum.
- are able to define the roles and responsibilities within a Scrum project and determine the interpretation of those roles in your Scrum team.
- are international certified as a Scrum Master.
When is the Scrum Master training suitable for me?
If you want to develop into a servant leader who advises, facilitates and coaches Scrum teams. In addition, you would like to learn why Agile working leads to better results faster. If your company switches to Agile working according to Scrum, you can implement it.
What can I expect?
- An inspiring Scrum Master training with a lot of practical practice in addition to theory.
- A group of no more than 8 participants.
- An enthusiastic Agile Scrum trainer with a lot of practical experience.
- Knowledge & experience with tools for collaboration in online teams.
- The English-language Scrum Body of Knowledge and the Scrum Master workbook.
- Access to a personal e-learning, online learning environment with apps for your phone and tablet.
- Including exam – to be taken after the training – to certify you internationally as a Scrum Master.
How do I follow the Scrum Master training?
Depending on your knowledge and practical experience, we have the following three options for you to train and certify yourself: the hybrid training, the online training and an e-learning process.
For those who have little or no experience with Scrum, our hybrid training is a complete and solid foundation.
- You will receive the teaching materials at home a few days before the training.
- The first and second half day of classes (both from 09:00 to 13:00) you log in to our Virtual Classroom via your laptop. The interaction is guaranteed with a maximum of 7 other participants.
- You will physically attend the practical workshop day (from 09:30 to 16:30) together with the other participants as a Scrum team at our location in Haarlem. During this workshop you will practice in practice and experience how Scrum theory comes to life in practice and what it is like to be a Scrum Master in practice.
- You get a personal online e-learning environment for your laptop and tablet. This allows you to master the material even further on the basis of video material and quizzes and to plan and take your exam.
If you already have a lot of practical experience as a Scrum Master but would like to learn the theory interactively with others or refresh your knowledge, an Online training is your best choice. You then follow the program as above, but you do not participate in the practical workshop day (3).
What are the benefits of the Hybrid training?
The new way of working is partly at home, partly on location. Our hybrid Scrum Master training fits in seamlessly with this and thus includes the best of both worlds; the interactivity of physical training with the flexibility and convenience of an online course.
During the hybrid training you combine two half days of interactive online theory with a full day workshop on location, where you apply the role of the Scrum Master in practice.
Because of this:
- you have to travel less and the two interactive half days can be combined with other activities,
- you can progress effectively and quickly for your certifying exam,
- is there a start guarantee for the date on which you register, study material will be sent to you at home and
- because our groups are never bigger than a real Scrum team, interactivity is guaranteed both online and physically.
And what if I already have knowledge and experience as a Scrum Master?
Then you probably want to get your certificate as soon as possible and our e-Learning Scrum Master Certified is probably made for you.
Where do I follow the Scrum Master training?
When you register for the Hybrid training:
- you follow the theoretical part of the training via our Virtual Class on Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 09:00 to 13:00
- and also the practical workshop day from 09:30 to 17:00 at our location in Haarlem at Nieuwe Gracht 3: a short walk from the NS central station and with good parking.
When you register for an Online training:
- you follow the training via our Virtual Class on Wednesday and Thursday from 09:00 to 13:00.
And of course you can also follow the training on request in-company
How do I certify myself as a Scrum Master?
With the Scrum Master exam you certify yourself as an official and recognized Scrum Master. At the end of the first training day you will have access to an e-learning environment that is personalized for you. You will find a lot of video material here so that you can watch parts of the training again at a later time. You also take the exam via the e-learning environment to certify yourself as a Scrum Master. Read more
Which Scrum certificate do I receive?
You can choose between two important internationally recognized Scrum Master certificates: Scrum Master Certified (SMC) and Professional Scrum Master abbreviated as (PSM).
Of these, SMC is the most generic, not specifically IT-oriented, certificate. PSM from scrum.org is, partly due to its history, more IT-oriented. The Scrum theory required to obtain both certificates is the same. In general, PSM’s exam questions are a bit more IT-oriented. Read more
What does the Scrum Master training cost?
For this complete training you pay € 1075 (excl. VAT) and yes, you read that right, that includes:
- Scrum Master Certified exam and certificate (to be taken after the training),
- Start guarantee,
- All learning materials,
- Personal e-learning environment including apps for your phone and tablet,
- Exam guidance
Our Money Back Guarantee applies to this training.
NB. If you register for the Online version of the training, i.e. without a practical workshop, you pay €80 (excl. VAT) less.
01.12.22 – 02.12.22
14.12.22 – 15.12.22
11.01.23 – 12.01.23
25.01.23 – 26.01.23
08.02.23 – 09.02.23
22.02.23 – 23.02.23
08.03.23 – 09.03.23
22.03.23 – 23.03.23
05.04.23 – 06.04.23
19.04.23 – 20.04.23
03.05.23 – 04.05.23
17.05.23 – 18.05.23
Very nice guidance from Merijn. He explains it clearly and can make the theory applicable in your situation. The information is conveyed with humor and... Lees meer